photo of row houses Ridgely's Delight
neighborhood info
resident's info
online newsletter
bulleting board
contact us

Residents’ Information

Need to figure out how to get approval for renovations to the outside of your home or where to go for a parking permit? This page provides important information to help simplify life for Ridgely's residents. In addition, check the Links page for alist of useful external sites if you'd like to know more about transportation, social activities, tourism and City and State programs.

City Services
Dining, Drinking, Shopping
Historic Tax Credits


The best part of a neighborhood is the people who live there. There are plenty of ways to meet and interact with your neighbors in Ridgely's Delight. Special events like concerts in the park and holiday parties are publicized in the newsletter. First Friday happy hours, held at a different neighborhood bar each month, are also listed in the newsletter.

Ridgely Gamers photo of chess game
If you enjoy playing games, such as Euchre, Poker, Scrabble or other games, join the Ridgely Gamers. To sign up, register with Yahoo Groups and check out the Ridgely Gamers page for the next event.

Ridgely's Runners
You're more likely to keep up your exercise program if you participate with a buddy, so why not join the Ridgely's Runners? After you register with Yahoo Groups, you can get in the race on the Ridgely's Runners Group page.

Ridgely's Delight Gardening Club
Do you want to learn how to make your back yard bloom, or do you have a green thumb and want to share your knowledge with others? Maybe you don’t have any green space on your property, and you’d like to help care for a special spot in the neighborhood. If you fit any of these categories, then the Ridgely’s Gardening Club wants you. To join, register with Yahoo Groups and sign up for the Ridgely's Delight Gardening Group.

Ridgely's Delight is animal-friendly. Many neighbors meet and greet at the dog park on the south side of the neighborhood. If you have a pet, please be considerate by keeping it on a leash and cleaning up after it. Please do not allow your dog's barking to disturb your neighbors.

If a dog's barking is disturbing you, please let the owners know that their dog is disrupting the peace. If the barking continues, please call 311.

City Services
To report a fire or crime, call 911.

Call 311, download the iPhone or Android app or go online to report the following issues: Animal Issues (bites, strays, wild animals, rodent problems, barking dogs), Water Emergencies, Housing Violations and Vacant Buildings, Abandoned vehicles, Downed Signs, Problems with Traffic Signals, Fallen Trees or Branches, Sanitation problems, Health Inspections, Grafitti Removal from Public Areas, Street Repairs, Pot Holes, Snow Removal and Street Light Repairs.

Look up phone numbers for other important City services.

Hint: Always write down the name of the person you talked to, the date of the call and a summary of the discussion.

It's easy for you to stay up-to-date with the neighborhood happenings.

  • Like our Facebook page to keep up with your neighbors and see pictures from recent events.
  • Register for our email list for important updates and reminders.
  • Register for our Yahoo group to participate in group discussions and share documents.

Dining, Drinking, Shopping, of concert
Find the closest places for quick cash, gas and other necessities as well as restaurants and banks.

Historic Tax Credits
You may qualify for tax credits if you have made property improvements. Get more information.

The Ridgely's Record is published monthly and is distributed to every home and business in the neighborhood. It contains information about neighborhood events and issues, recycling information and important reminders. If you have information for the newsletter, please send it to

Parkingphoto of guy
Residential parking permits are required for on-street parking in Ridgely's Delight. For more information, review our parking page or call 443-573-2800. Renew your parking permit.

Residents vote at School 22, 800 Scott Street. For information on voter registration, please call 410-396-5550. Review the list of our elected officials and their contact information.

If you are making external renovations to your home, they must conform with historic standards established by Baltimore City's Commission for Historical and Architectural Preservation (CHAP). Review the CHAP approval process and the guidelines for renovations.

If you want to find out if your project needs CHAP approval, or if you have questions about the process, please contact out neighborhood CHAP representative at For building permits, please call the City at 410-396-3360.

Check out our safety page to find out more about our Crime and Safety Committee, the Neighborhood Crime Watch program, self-defense classes, crime statistics and safety tips.

Trashphoto of house
Regular trash pick-up is on every Wednesday morning excep holidays Keep trash in covered containers marked with your address. Do not put trash in alleys except after 6 p.m. the night before pick-up. Take cans out of alleys after pick-up.

Please place all recycling materials (plastic and glass bottles and jars, paper and cans) in recycle bins, cardboard boxes, paper bags or a clearly marked container and they will be collected on Friday mornings. Get more information.

Bulk Trash Pick-up
First Tuesday of the month. Residents must call 311 three business days prior to pick-up for an appointment. You can also schedule an appointment online. Place items in alley the day before pick-up. Find more information.

City Transfer Station
Open to all city residents. They will take most trash, including electronics and recycleables.
701 Reedbird Avenue
(410) 396-3367
Mon.–Sat. 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. Fall/Winter
9:00 a.m.-7:00 p.m. Spring/Summer

Household Hazardous Waste Drop-Off
April through November, last Friday and Saturday of each month

Northwest Citizen Convenience Center, 2840 Sisson Street

Dispose of items such as oil-based paints, pesticides, herbicides, car and
household batteries, drain cleaners, gasoline.

Not accepted: trash, asbestos, ammunition, fire extinguishers, industrial and medical waste, and radioactive materials, including smoke alarms with a radioactive symbol.

If you need a car for limited use, like grocery shopping and occasional errands, ZipCar could be the ideal solution. Ridgely’s Delight residents are entitled to a discount on the already affordable plan. The annual membership fee is $25, and rates are from  $7.25/hour and $53/day. There is no set-up fee, and gas, insurance and up to 180 miles per day are included. ZipcCar also offers discounts to local attractions.

You can find cars right in the neighborhood at the corner of Portland and Greene and at the corner of Washington and Warner. Other types of vehicles are located throughout the city.

Visit to register. After entering your home address, look for Ridgely’s Delight Association Group Discount at the top of the page to make sure you are receiving the reduced rate.



home | neighborhood info | residents' info | neighborhood businesses
online newsletter | association's bylaws | contact us