In order to vote in a Ridgely’s Delight Association (RDA) meeting, you must be a member of the RDA and you must be in “good standing.” Since we have an election for the Board of Directors coming up on November 3rd, we wanted to make sure everyone understands the rules so that they can vote if they wish to.
You are a member of the RDA if you reside in, own property in, operate a business located in or represent an institutional or fraternal organization in Ridgely’s Delight.
You are a member in Good Standing if you are at least 18 years old and you have done 3 of the following activities in the 6 months prior to the vote. For the November election, that 6-month period runs from May through October.
- Attended community meetings (attendance determined by your registration for the Zoom link).
- Attended Board meetings (these have not been held yet this year, but this is listed in case they begin holding them again).
- Participation in Citizens on Patrol.
- Participation in the preparation of the community Newsletter.
- Participation in an RDA-Sponsored community cleanup.
- Attendance at a Special Meeting (should one be called).
- Attendance at a Committee Meeting (currently we have a Parking Committee, a Bylaws Committee and an Architectural Review Committee).
- Participation in a committee’s activities.
- Representing the RDA at government meetings.*
- Planting and maintaining an RDA-sponsored community garden or adopted garden.*
- Writing a grant application on behalf of the RDA.*
- Setting up and organizing National Night Out.
- Attending National Night Out.
- Serving as a Block Captain.
- Stoop garden participation.*
- Proof of individual neighborhood cleanup outside an RDA-sanctioned community cleanup.*
- Engagement on a community issue outside a community meeting.*/li>
*For items 9, 10, 11, 15, 16 and 17, you will have to self-report by emailing the Secretary at email@example.com.
Community members whose health limits their ability to participate in the events above may be deemed to be in good standing by asking the Secretary for an exemption from the requirements above. You will not be asked to provide any information about your medical situation.
In order to get credit for any self-reported activities or for the medical exception in time for an upcoming monthly meeting, you must self-report to firstname.lastname@example.org by 7:00 p.m. on the Monday before the meeting.
If you are not sure if you are in good standing, you can check with the Secretary at email@example.com.